- Why Franchise?
- Franchise Benefits
- Franchise Requirements
- Want to explore more about owning a Fleet Feet Sports Franchise?
Fleet Feet Sports offers you the opportunity to combine your dream of operating a specialty retail business, within a proven business model, that is supported by an experienced team of small business experts.
The reality of owning a retail store is that it can be a highly complex, time consuming, and difficult job. At Fleet Feet, Incorporated we don’t promise to make that job easier. However, we do promise that as a franchisee you will have access to Fleet Feet, Incorporated's experienced staff, a large pool of fellow franchisees who have been through all of the stages of the process, and access to our proprietary “best practices” that have been established throughout the Fleet Feet Sports network.
All new franchisees are taken through a six month development process which encompasses training in our Carrboro headquarters, as well as in-store training at existing franchises. Prior to opening, new franchisees in training will also attend a national conference of franchisees and vendors. Therefore, before your store's doors open for business, you will have established relationships with the national leadership teams of your most important vendors as well as existing franchisees from all across the country.
All new franchisees are assigned a Corporate Franchise Development Specialist who will work with you from the initial signing of your franchise development agreement, through your opening day, all the way to your second anniversary. This person will lead you through our timeline for opening a store and then stay with you to help you through those first two critical years in business.
After your second anniversary and throughout your relationship with Fleet Feet Sports you will have access to the Fleet Feet, Incorporated operations staff who will continue to provide assistance to you on topics ranging from managing your growth to managing your expenses.
We recognize that Fleet Feet Sports is not right for everyone. However, if you are a dynamic, hardworking individual who appreciates having a plan to follow and a team to support you, we might be the right match for you.
Whether you are a brand new franchisee or have been in business for twenty years, Fleet Feet, Incorporated offers business consultation resources focused on the areas that are important to the success of your business.
Programs focus on areas such as local marketing, inventory planning & controls, customer service initiatives, and relationships with your vendors. As part of the Fleet Feet Sports team you will benefit from a culture focused on providing great service to all of the key stakeholders in our success: Our customers, our franchisees, and our vendors.
Some of the services available to our franchisees include:
- Direct access to your key inventory suppliers through our vendor management programs.
- A National Conference each summer which focuses on training in basic business and customer practices, and an opportunity to network with our key vendors, review new products, and network with fellow franchisees.
- Focused training in the areas of financial management, inventory controls, point-of-sale, apparel buying, footwear fit, and selling tactics.
- Continuous investment in the development of the Fleet Feet Sports brand, including national advertising and creative development available for all stores to use.
- Assistance with:
- Store design and layout.
- Site selection and lease negotiations.
- Budget and inventory planning.
At Fleet Feet, Incorporated we are dedicated to opening successful, profitable businesses with long-term potential. In order to help ensure success, we have high standards for our franchise candidates. To find those potential franchisees who will fit best within our system we look for some of the following characteristics:
- A dedicated focus on the customer and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with others in a positive manner.
- A capacity to be accountable for personal actions.
- The ability to contribute to the growth and development of others.
- The ability to self-manage.
Additionally we expect our candidates to be able to fulfill the following requirements:
- Financing: We do not believe in 100% financing for our franchises; we prefer a firmer initial position. We recommend at least 1/3 of total projected costs available in cash, an additional 1/3 in the form of a traditional loan, with the remainder accessible in the form of a line of credit or equity loan.
- Franchise owners will work in their stores. We are not looking for investment or absentee owners. Our owner-operators bring a distinct competitive advantage to our business model.
- Adoption of Fleet Feet Sports “best practices” and a commitment to our proprietary initiatives.
- A willingness to embrace change and to always position your business on the cutting edge of service-oriented retail.
*** Viewing of this website does not constitute an offer of franchise. An offer of franchise is only made with the delivery of a Franchise Disclosure Document. Fleet Feet is not directing this website to any person residing in a state where Fleet Feet is not authorized to offer franchises; and
No franchise will be sold in any state by or on behalf of the franchisor until the offering has been registered and declared effective and the appropriate Franchise Disclosure Document has been delivered to the purchaser prior to the sale in compliance with the Federal Trade Commission Rule and applicable state franchise laws.