Do you dream of owning your own store? This may be possible with Fleet Feet Sports.
Our unique Operating Partner Program was developed to put great retail employees on a pathway to ownership. We reward hard work and dedication with equity. This allows you to purchase the store and become a franchisee. Nowhere else in the industry does an opportunity like this exist.
We are looking for people:
- With leadership experience
- Who love to engage and interact with people
- Who can understand and follow direction
- And who are willing to work hard and earn the opportunity.
What are the requirements going in?
- Mobility: You may be asked to move more than once.
- Flexibility: We can't tell you exactly how long the journey will take or where it will take you.
- Retail Experience: Retail experience is a must. You don't need to have worked at a Fleet Feet Sports store but it does help as our first choice is to work with existing Fleet Feet Sports employees.
- If you are genuinely interested in this program and still need to gain retail experience, a job in one of our stores will help you in the process.
The success of every Fleet Feet Sports store is a direct result of our owners and operators who educate their customers and become health and fitness resources for their communities.
Interested in learning more about the program? Here are the steps involved.
Submit an inquiry. A Fleet Feet, Inc. employee will then contact you the schedule a call to talk you through the process and answer questions.
2. ATTEND DISCOVERY DAYS
Attend an open house at the Fleet Feet, Inc. office in North Carolina called Discovery Days. Here you will learn details about the program and meet our staff. This will help you and us determine if this program is a good FIT for you.
3. TRAIN AND DEVELOP
During this time you will train in all of the areas where you need additional development.
4. BECOME A GENERAL MANAGER
You will next step into the role of General Manager in your own store. To reach this step, employees are ranked by their preparedness and geographic flexibility. Our goal is to place you in your store within 18 months of attending Discovery Days. We do our best to match you with a market you'll love but candidates also need to be flexible.
You will hold the role of GM for at least one year and train on every aspect of operating a store.
5. BECOME AN OPERATING PARTNER
After serving as GM for at least one year and demonstrating the ability to operate the store, the GM is given the opportunity to become an Operating Partner. At this time, two things will happen:
(1) You will enter into an Operating Partner agreement and pay a $5,000 refundable deposit. Should you later become a franchisee, the deposit may be used toward the purchase of a franchise. Fleet Feet, Inc. will help arrange financing to those who need financial assistance for the deposit.
(2) You and we will agree to a sales price for the store. To do this, we will take into account the investment cost for the store and determine the growth rate that we feel produces a fair return as well as upside for the Operating Partner.
6. BECOME A FRANCHISE OWNER
You will have the opportunity to purchase the store after serving for four years as the Operating Partner. The amount you have grown the store above the expected growth rate is equity that you've earned. For example, let's say the agreed upon sales price is $100,000 but you've grown the store and it's now worth $300,000. You still only pay $100,000 so the extra $200,000 is the equity you've earned.
This program allows you to become the owner of your own store and part of a national brand. Come join franchisees who have made their passion their career. We'll be with you every step of the way.Let's Get Acquainted