At Fleet Feet, Incorporated we are dedicated to opening successful, profitable businesses with long-term potential. In order to help ensure success, we have high standards for our franchise candidates. To find those potential franchisees who will fit best within our system we look for some of the following characteristics:
- A dedicated focus on the customer and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with others in a positive manner.
- A capacity to be accountable for personal actions.
- The ability to contribute to the growth and development of others.
- The ability to self-manage.
Additionally we expect our candidates to be able to fulfill the following requirements:
- Financing: The total investment to open a new store generally falls between $180,000 and $338,000. We do not believe in 100% financing for our franchises; we prefer a firmer initial position. We recommend at least 1/3 of total projected costs available in cash, an additional 1/3 in the form of a traditional loan, with the remainder accessible in the form of a line of credit or equity loan. Not enough capital? Consider our Operating Partner Program
- Franchise owners will work in their stores. We are not looking for investment or absentee owners. Our owner-operators bring a distinct competitive advantage to our business model.
- Adoption of Fleet Feet Sports “best practices" and a commitment to our proprietary initiatives.
- A willingness to embrace change and to always position your business on the cutting edge of service-oriented retail.